Thanks Nicole.. but now what do I do?

Nicole mentioned that she wears her daughter on her back during household chores. After returning from the beach, Benny was tired and Johnny and I were hungry. Benny was crying without yield. His only nap since 9:00 AM was for 30 minutes while on the beach. As I mentioned in previous blog, B has not been sleeping without me and he is teething. Ahhh what a wreck! He would not let Johnny comfort him and just wanted me to hold him. While in certain situations I might have used this fact to jokingly poke fun at Johnny, this was not the time. So in an emergency situation what did I do? I rembered Nicole's advice and I tied Benjamin to my back. I have a wrap which can be tied so many ways that I can't remember them all and I certainly dont' remember the "baby on the back" tie. Why would I remember something like that during my moment of needing it most? So I just fashioned him back there with Johnny's help. And do ya know what? He stopped crying and within minutes was fast asleep with his head crooked. I feared he would get a little baby kink in his little baby neck. What was I to do? Dinner was still not ready. We decided to take him off of my back and lay him down. He was so tired that he didn't wake while being removed from this strange tie up. We put him in our bed and ...dum dum dum... he woke up 45 minutes later... just as I was starting to eat my dinner. Hmmmppphhh. I guess I can't have it all.



2 comments:

Jessi Marchese said...

Those are cute little footies! He makes the best faces.

Nicole said...

so cute :)

If you have any extra money (who does, I know!) I would invest in a http://www.babyhawk.com/. I think you can sew one, if you are crafty enough. I love mine for back carries. So easy to get her on. Worth ever single penny. Also easier on the shoulders as benny gets bigger.