Doctor Visit. Check.

We took Benny to the doctor this afternoon. Just as we suspected, he has a bit of a chest congestion problem. It's not severe enough to be labled as RSV, but we aren't going to see "if" that happens.

She prescribed albuterol in liquid form. I hate the idea of giving my four month old baby medication. We have a hard enough time giving tylenol and only do so when competely necessary during these difficult teething times. His little body is so pure right now and I view meds as little toxins that his body will learn to "need". I've never believed that the answer is in the cure.

But so it is. Little Benny is sleeping peacefully right now on the sofa. He is gaining much needed rest with little albuterol toxins floating around in his little body trying to do the "work" that they are supposed to do. Bleh.

I do however kinda like his new doctor. I can be so critical at times and over dinner Johnny and I discussed what the objectives of the doctor were. We also discussed what we should expect from the "know-all" of our baby's health. Geesh.. these little things that we have to think of now! I would like a friendlier bedside manner than what his new doctor presented, but I have to stop and weigh the importance. I have to admit that if I think I know what I am talking about and the doctor tells me different, I gain serious doubt in their ability to care for my child. I know this may sound ridiculous, but I know my child better than anyone in the entire world. I KNOW when his cough is a little more than an itch in his throat!

Lucky for her, I felt very confident in her presentation of knowledge. She was very direct and to the point. She did speak firmly but in a softer tone. I know this is nearly an oxymoron. She spoke clear english and in middle aged which is something I looked for prior to accepting her as his doctor. No offense to those younger doctors, but I feel more comfortable with someone who has had years in the biz, but practices current medicine. So she got a star for her age and years in practice. Geez, I sure can be discrimanatory! The only downfall was not making me feel like Benny was the only baby in the world- which every mother desires whether she admits it or not! Anyhow, Benny has a regular four month check up next week at which time I will decide if he should get his next set of shots, based on how he is feeling of course. I will let this next appointment be the determining factor of whether or not she is his permanent pediatrician. I hope she is everthing I expect next time.. I don't want to be on a pediatrician hunt.

0 comments: