I've created a mental paperchain!

As most know, my father and I have an amazing relationship! I am so fortunate to have a dad who loves me so much and no matter what I do, stands by my side with loving guidance and support.

I last saw my father when I made a trip home from Tennessee in March of 2006. It was a hectic trip as I hadn't been home in nearly four years, but my dad and I got some quality time in. I miss him everyday, and have begged him to move where ever I live. In 2007, shortly after I moved to Florida, my dad moved to Utah. When I moved back to California, I begged my dad to meet me here... well, I'm still working on it! But in the meantime, I am so excited that my dad is finally coming to visit in a month! He will finally get to meet Benny and Johnny!!!

My family is pretty close, and we all speak to each other rather regularly, but we all live so far from eachother and it makes my heart ache. I want nothing more this year than to have all of my family at the same place at the same time. Well, my wish is hopefully coming true next month!!! We are planning a family get together and the missing piece which I will feel empty without is my sister. I hope that she, Will and baby Ro can make it too because it just won't feel the same without them. I havent seen her (besides web cam) since she moved from Tennessee to Colorado in 2005. Yep, 2005. I have not hugged her in 3.5 years. It makes me so sad when I think of the actual time that has passed. Both of our lives have been so crazy between her husband's deployments, my moves across the country, and lastly our pregnancies and births of our sons, that we haven't been able to coordinate a visit together. Really, there should not be any more excuses.

I am so elated at the thought alone of having my family together that I have had a hard time falling asleep thinking of all of the details. I've created a mental paper chain! My family is so important to me, and I would love for us all to live close together, but I know that it is a far wish, so I will settle for this upcoming occasion! I can't wait to see all of my aunts and uncles and cousins together like we used to do all the time! And I can't wait to see my dad..my other best friend!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

My dad just told me about this whole reunion thing today and I think we're going to try and make it also! I can't wait! It's been a looooooong time!