A big huge dirty old soapbox..It's mine and I'm going to stand on it right now!

I want to take a moment to vent. I (I also mean "we") have paid a lot of money for certain things that we have in our life. Apple Ipod is a perfect example. I have had not one or two Ipods, but this is my THIRD Ipod...not by choice, but because the othre two do not exist anymore. It has a large memory so we paid a larger amount of money. Not that a larger amout of money is necessarily warranted.. It is basically just an external hard drive but nonetheless, the money was paid and an Ipod was brought home many times. I have spent countless hours (no exaggeration) uploading and organizing my nearly 35 gigs of music into Itunes so we an use this nifty little portable hard drive. This is a crap load of music. And it took a crap load of time to put it into our computer. My real complaint: Why can't Itunes act like something that we have paid a lot of money for? Recently I had to recreate our whole library. Yep, delete everything and drop all of the files back into Itunes. I have actually had to do this several times, but this time I have had it up to my ears with Apple. I have stayed up late at night so many nights in order to get all the music (which is basically my entire life besides my family) once again organized.

Secondly, we also bought an external hard drive to store our music that we play on our seperate external hard drive (Ipod). Following? This portable external is also large so again, we paid a larger price. It has proven helpful by not clogging up our pc with all of our music and hundreds of photos...until recently. Some of our music and picture files are now corrupt.. but there isn't a method to the corrupt madness. It is very random... but entirely sucks. Bennys first Thanksgiving photos are GONE! I bought this stupid thing so that I would not have to worry about computers crashing and "oh my god my life is over". Well, should I even go on about how totally miz I am about this?

I'm not asking for technology to last forever, but at least long enough for me to save the money to buy whatever is new and hip!

Lastly...cell phone business. EEK! The New AT&T makes promises tht they are everywhere, nearly buying out the entire nation! How is it that they own everywhere in the country except the freaking street that we live on? We pay good money for our cell phone plan, and we use so few minutes due to lack of reception that it is nearly a waste, but we are too dang scared to live without our cellies. A can with a string gets better reception than our home area. What to do? Yes, we have resorted to having a home line installed. So next week we will have a reliable (hopefully) way to communicate without screaming "what?" "can you hear me now?" over and over.

Techonolgy......

0 comments: