A Week's Worth Of Pictures and Other Things Going on In Our Lives!

Whew... I haven't really blogged in a week becasue we have been super duper busy! There is so much to tell! I suppose I'll start with Benny's latest doctor appointment! He recieved his 6 month shots. When the nurse administered them he just looked at us with this sad little face and cried as if he were saying "why are you letting her hurt me?" It broke both mine and Johnny's hearts. After they were all said and done he did fine though. Anyway, he is weighing in at a whopping 19lbs 8oz and is 25 inches long! He has grown so much and all through breastfeeding! The doctor once again hounded me about giving him something other than breastmilk and I pretty much just ignored her. I will do it when I am ready! She did however say that Benny's ability to cruise, pull himself up and basically do everything but walk is pretty advanced. I am so glad, because every mother worries about meeting milestones! Also, his new thing to do is to make raspberry noises with his mouth. It is part of his vocabulary now as he chatters away!

Back to the breast feeding thingie though.. I am open to suggestion about how to keep nursing but be able to get him to sleep without me. It is still a huge problem, and I am not ready to ween him, but we need to find a a middle ground because it is becoming increasingly difficult to put him down for a nap unless I plan on sleeping with him.

Also, Johnny's mom came down at the beginning of last week and stayed for a few days. We spent an afternoon at the beach and lounged. She, Benny and I all went back to the valley mid week and Johnny joined us on Friday! I was able to use the weekdays to spend time with my family. I visited my aunt for several hours and we made a trip to Fresno. I miss all the time that I used to spend with her. I also spent a few hours with my mom and grandparents. It was a nice day to sit outside and listen to the sounds of the country. I hope they are around this earth long enough for Benjamin to have a few memories with them. My head is filled with so many good ones that I will forever cherish. My cousins called on Sunday and wanted me to meet them in Fresno for lunch, and I am super bummed that I already had plans. Next time cousins! I am sooo glad that we have a pretty tight knit family!

So late Friday night arrived and Johnny made it into town. We had a few hours of mommy and daddy time which is something I will definitley have to write about when I have more time, so stay tuned.

Here is the weekend in review!

We spent Saturday afternoon baking and having family time. I baked my very first bunny cake. Not bad for a first timer! I remember my mom used to make them each year when I was little. I even used chocolate licorice as the whiskers. Late in the afternoon we took a walk to the meat market and Johnny and I loaded up on meat for our house. I think this is the most brilliant idea I had all week! The meat is soooo much cheaper in Dinuba than it is down here in LA. So we bought a bunch and brought it home in an ice chest! Score #2... we now have an ice chest which will get used a bunch with our impending camping trips!



So here's a bit of Saturday afternoon pics with family. If you have never watched a real Mexican family play volleyball in the front yard, you should sometime. It is super funny!



A Saturday afternoon hanging outside in Dinuba!

Benny and Maddy are certainly best friends!


If she could reach the clutch I'm sure the truck would be in rolling away!

Sharde and Maddy getting dizzy!

Mexican volley ball..properly equipped with a 99 cent store plastic ball!

The Mendozas. What am I getting myself into?

B and I watched the yard volleyball game from the porch, and we controlled the music!


Benjamin is now pushing his dump truck here at home with such ease that we are sure that he will take off running on his own any day now! So, the challenge was toughened when Maddy sat in the truck! Of course Benjamin was able to push her on the tile though! Maddy seemed to enjoy it! I can't believe how strong my little man is and how much he has grown! He will be 7 months this week! Where has time gone?

Benny and Maddy figured out a new game! This is just the beginning.........what next?

The Easter Bunny came to Grandma's house too!

His bucket seconds as a hat!

Well, where do I begin? I suppose this was a "had to be there moment", but the pic is still funny!

We were preforming a dance move.

Johnny and I frosted the cupcakes after a few drinks....our concentration was thick, and the cupcakes were delish!

Nobody is safe when we are in town!

My favorite little guy. He has a big attachment to me right now. He stresses when I put him down..in a way it feels good, but eventually I have to put him down and it hurts to see him cry!


Party Poopers!

Easter Sunday started with Benny and I meeting my mom at church! It was nice to see my aunt, uncle and cousin as well. This was Benny's first church trip. I know what some of you are thinking.. 7 months and this is his FIRST? Well, it is! Anyway, he didn't really care for church other than the singing part when my mom banged her tambourine. Once singing was over, he pretty much fussed and I had to take him outside.

After church we met the Mendoza family for an afternoon BBQ. It was nice and relaxing. I stuffed myself ridiculously with three plates of food and then two dessert plates. Yes, back to the gym this week!

Benjamin and Madison played with Adrian and we all took turns pulling the kids in the wagon. Johnny's cousin Ronnie even let Sharde and I take a cruise in his new Mercedes. Now I know why people buy those things... it was so nice, powerful and lacked nothing!

We stayed in town until the early evening and then started our trek home again! I have been back and forth so many time in the last six months that I know the drive like the back of my hand! There was a lot of traffic though so it took us 4.5 hours. Ugh. We were exhausted! It was nice to get home though. I just bought a new fan for our place since nobody down here has AC, and I was so excited to plug it in and sleep with tht e white noise! Ahh... the little things in life. Benny has slept really well with it on also! It was like having the ocean breeze inside with the windows closed!

The World's Strongest Baby pulls Madison. It's hard to believe they are less than amonth apart!

Benny stayed entertained on Easter



All pooped out. This toy puts him to sleep every time!

Annd last but certainly not least, a few pics from Melody's trip down here. I was so thankful that she came. I think she enjoyed a mini vay-kay as well! We had nothing on our adgenda, and nothing is what we did! I love having blank schedules! We did really enjoy the beach. She needed a tan, but a burn is what she got instead. How is it that the white daughter in law is darker than the mexicans? We joked about this all week!

Even Mother-In-Laws need spring break!



Basically the World's Best Dad


So many couples have great relationships but wouldn't call their partner their best friend. There is nobody that I would rather hang out with more. I am lucky. Johnny and I have these cheesy ridiculous best friend moments that we don't even have to speak about...they are just there. All the hard and constant work that we pour into our relationship pays off each and every minute that we smile together. I know it sounds corny, but it's true. I met my match.

Noooo... Baywatch was not being filmed this day. I know it is hard to believe! I DO have the World's Best Friend!



0 comments: