Chocolate Drop Cookies

Once again it is nearly 1 AM, and I am awake! I have surfed through enough stupid myspace pages that I am ready to purge myspace from my total existence, facebook isn't any better, and I already have mentally planned the next five years of gym routines in my head. What better to do? Whip up a batch of these dang cookies that I meant to make yesterday before the Dodger's game so that we would have something to snack on. Instead I decided to sleep in nearly half the day and forgot about the cookies. This ultimately resulted in Johnny and I eating Dodger Dogs (glorified hot dog!) at $5 buckeroos each! Whew, steep price to pay for choosing sleep and forgetting to make cookies!

So I am fixated on making these cookies now that I have thought the late night idea up, but I know that I will bang a pot or two around loud enough to wake my sleeping beauties, and then...trouble! Benny is still not sleeping well without me. Although Johnny can now get him to sleep pretty easily, he wakes and refuses contentment until I arrive with the magic breast! I regularly keep in mind that it is not for forever! Anyhow, back to the cookies. Let me give a little background: This recipe came from my mom. When I was little she would make them all the time, and my favorite part was that they were ready to eat in like minutes, and after they cool, they have a smooth bottom. I have no clue why, but this always fascinated me as a child, so now when I make these, I look at the bottom of each one that I eat and smirk a little (awww... nostalgic refelction). Anyway, she made them regularly, and I'm sure you relatives reading this already know what recipe I am referring to. Yep, the chocolate, oatmeal, peanut buttery and a whole entire sugar cane farm ones!

So since I surely cannot make them right now (very sad face), I will settle for releasing the recipe instead. I am highly addicted to these once I make a batch, and of course Johnny has his sugar tooth that can't resist either! They require little ingredients or time, but prepare to add a pound or two to your uh-hem....hiney!

Ingredients:

2 C Sugar
1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Milk
1/4 C UNSWEETENED cocoa
3 C Quick Oats
1 C Peanut Butter
1 tsp vanilla
Waxed Paper (Don't substitute, or you will have a big mess!)

How To:

Add sugar, butter, milk and cocoa together on the stove top in a big pot. Continue cooking until mixture begins to boil. Make sure that you are constantly stirring. Boil for 1 Minute, or until sugar is all dissolved.

Remove from heat

Add in peanut butter, quick oats and vanilla.

Stir until well mixed.

Drop by the tablespoon on waxed paper and let set for 15 minutes, and Viola! There you have a sugar fien's greatest fix!

If you decide to try them out, let me know what you think! Happy Trails, and good night from the Mendoza Crazy Farm!

0 comments: