O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree.....

We picked out our Christmas tree today. Below is the story in pictures!!!



Baby Benny and the baby Christmas trees! Cute!
You can't pick your tree from the forest or cut your own tree down in LA. Instead, people buy christmas trees from parking lots of cut trees!
A downside of living far away from everyone we know is that we don't have anyone near us with a truck! But it truly does not stop our parade! We picked out a tree which was the right size for our place, car and looked good. We both were so excited to pick ot Benny's first Christmas tree! This is a huge deal to us.




We bought a little tree to fit in our little car!



Perks of little trees are that they fit nicely in big tree stands and little apartments with few problems!
It's actually over five feet tall... so it's not THAT small!

Benjamin was not exempt from our decorating party! We woke him from his nap so that he would not miss out!



He would make a beautiful ornament!



He doesn't know it, but entertains us more than we entertain him!


My favorite boys with smiles on their faces!
During the MANY moves in my life and especially my most recent from Florida, I have left all of my Christmas decorations behind except for one box of ornaments which my mother gave me. It holds the last of the ornaments from my childhood (all childhood items burned in my mom's house fire). We decided to use them on our tree as well as begin our little family tradition which is handed down from my parents: we will each pick out one new ornament a year to put on our tree. So our tree does not have an incredible amount of ornaments, but each one that is on it is very special including an angel ormanment that topped my grandmother's small table christmas tree which was displayed the last few years of her life. Our tree is very special, and I have promised myself that I will not leave Christmas decorations behind during moves anymore.



Johnny and Benny putting an ormanament on the tree! He may not understand but it's okay.

The ornament that I picked out this year is two doves. It felt right to me. This is our first Christmas as a "family".

Banny wasn't as excited to help me!
At one time I had an angel that my dad gave me that I placed on top of each of my Christmas trees, but over the years, she fell apart. This year we bought a new topper! It's fresh for our family!


Another good reason for small trees... no ladder or chair needed to place the star on top!
Johnny placed the final touch.




Our 2008 Christmas tree!

2 comments:

Cinndotcom said...

I didn't hear anything about Benny's FIRST ornament. Ha ha

Jessi Marchese said...

He looks like those doves horrify him, haha. He makes the best faces.