Benny's First Thanksgiving!

Benjamin celebrated Thanksgiving for the first time!!! We shared Thanksgving Day at my Grandparent's house which has been my familly's tradition as long as I have been alive. My grandparents cook nearly everything, and and my grandma and I always enjoy the pumpkin pie together. This year was extra special though. It was the first in 8 years that I was able to attend and this was not only Benjamin's first Turkey Day, it was also the first that Johnny spent with my family and the first that the three of us spent as our own little family. My mom, her husband and Johnny and I sent the afternoon squabbling over scrabble and after dinner my family sat around the dinner table and chatted. Johnny and I throughly enjoyed ourselves and I think Benny did too! Once the dishes were done and everyone left, we headed to Johnny's aunt's house for a little after dinner party action. We got to hang out and visit with some of his extended family and friends.

On Black Friday Johnny's family started their own tradition. We cooked a Thanksgiving meal and decorated for Christmas. We stuffed ourselves silly. All of the stockings were put up on display and mine and Benny's were this year's additions! A few people joined our festivities later in the evening. It was a nice way to celebrate the holiday without getting cramped trying to make to both sides of the families homes!

Thanksgiving was a huge success! Here are a few pictures.... enjoy!




B is for Benny. Johnny and B playing scrabble.


Our family!

Ohhhh I adore this kiddo!


Cindy and Benny. Cindy was Benny's very first babysitter.



Grandma, Madison and Benny


The Mendoza Family Thanksgiving 2008



Cooking the Mendoza family meal.




Relaxing after dinner.



Maddie found Benny's bouncer!



Decorating for Christmas!


"I think it's for you"!


The wall of stockings!

1 comments:

Jessi Marchese said...

Johnny's mom kinda reminds me of Bella.