Dear Zachary

Yo may have already heard of or watched the highly acclaimed documentary called Dear Zachary: A letter to a son about his father. If not, look it up, order it, read the book....the story is heart wrenching, but the documentary is filmed with such passion and honesty that it's hard to not fall in love with family that is documented.

Johnny and I just finished watching it which we recorded on MSNBC. I will give warning: I have not cried or sobbed rather in years. A heaviness weighed on my heart and still hasn't left me. It's a tragic story about a family's loss and struggle to find purpose. Again, I warn... it is painful, but if you have ever ordered tea for your pity party, this family will remind you of all to be thankful for and possibly inspire you to fight for a cause if you aren't already doing so.

0 comments: