Love Makes The World Go Round

I have to share this!

When I was probably around 10 years old and my parents were separated, my Dad took my sister and I to a Valentine's dinner at church. We were his dates. After the dinner, everyone formed a circle and sand this song 'Love Makes The World Go 'Round". I don't remember all the words, but my dad does. Every year since then my dad has sang this song to me on Valentine's Day. Sometimes we miss birthday cards etc., but we never miss Valentine's Day or sending eachother Valentine cards. It just something very special between my father and I. This year my dad and I sang "Love Makes The World Go Round" to Benjamin! It was so special to me to introduce my son to such an awesome and precious memory and tradition.

I hope my son has a relationship with Johnny and I when he is grown as my father and I do.

1 comments:

Jessi Marchese said...

I actually remember that dinner, well at least the part when they were singing. That's nice because I don't really have a lot of earlier memories of dad. Except when I fell off my bike and he was laughing(like aw that was funny and I know I shouldn't laugh but I can't help it, he tried to hug me) and that made me really mad and I screamed at him and ran inside to cry some more. It's funny to remember now.