Super Saturday Well Spent.

Halloween was uneventful compared to most that I have spent during my childless days. Benny and I hung out waiting for Johnny to get home from work. He came home early and I suprised him with a homemade cake and spaghetti with meatballs. We didn't have a single trick or treater which made the night less interesting, but I hadn't bought any candy anyway. I was a bit bummed by the lack of excitment, but I knew waking without a hangover would prove very well worth it. Whoa... we are parents.. and we do "parent" things now.....

We woke early and headed to the farmers market for the first time. It was awesome! I almost feel like I ripped the vendors off by the deals that we stole.


Trying to decide which fresh flowers to buy. In the end I chose to hang onto my money, but they were fabulous!



It began to rain and everyone scrried under tents, but we held steady for the rain to pass and it was worth the wait!

Corn= .75 cents, grapes=$2.00, fresh green beans=$2.00 and strawberries= .75 cents



These are my FAVORITE finds. I bought these for $6.00 a piece!!! I'm mad about house plants!



Annndddd.... we FINALLY bought a sofa. We had been searching for the right piece, going back and forth in our minds and trying to get the best deal for what we want AND need. I won't say the price, but it is a very nice sofa! It will be delivered on Monday, and I can't wait to sit my big butt on it!

So that was our Saturday. Benny was a fabulous kid as always and didn't shed a tear. We ran him all over town, in and out of furniture stores and his stroller, and he was a trooper!

Until next....

2 comments:

Jessi Marchese said...

I love farmer's markets.

Jesika said...

Did I ever tell you that you make my week when I read your blogspot! I think they should sell your blogspot on amazon.com. I would totally buy you next blog. I wish I had such a descriptive heart as yours, if so I would totally have a blogspot. I love the words you posses to describe your day. Your hired if your free to be my "Chief in Editor" for the Espis.blogspot.com, but I know your busy with your little "frijol". By the way I'm Bilingual so that means "Bean" en espanol.JK But my point is I enjoy your blogs so keep em comming!