A Date for Benny's Baby Book!

I will definitely note in Benjamin's baby book that he slept in his OWN bed ALL NIGHT last night! I was so excited and suprised this morning when I woke up at 6AM. I looked around me before looking in his cradle to make sure that I hadn't picked him up while I was asleep. Sure enough, he was stirring in his bed ready for nursing!

We put him to bed at around 9:30 last night and he woke at 2:00 am to nurse. Normally I lay him across my chest and he nurses then falls sleep, and I fall asleep as well. But last night I stayed awake while nursing him then rocked him back to sleep and put him in his bed. He didn't wake and cry like he normally does when I try this! So at 6 when he woke, we nursed again and he went back to sleep (on my chest this time) until 8. Yay! We all got to sleep in!

This is an enormous accomplishment for both he and I. It is almost more of an accomplishment for me though. I have separation issues during the night when I put him back in his bed even though I know that I sleep much much better when I don't have a baby on me. I worry constantly in my sleep when he is not touching me. This is why most of the time I don't mess with it, and Benny would much rather sleep on me than alone, so I give in. But really, I know I am establishing a very bad habit.

So one night down and many more to come, but at least we are making progress!

1 comments:

Jessi Marchese said...

What a classy kid, lettin his folks sleep in for once! BTW, I framed the "you're dumb" face picture.