New Mom Discoveries!

There is so much that I am discovering as a new mom, and I have been very open to all and any suggestion which "old" moms may have. But here is something that I found online and I'd like to make sure it is passed on to other moms because it really is great!

Baby Wearing is not just for Hollywood fashion. Sasha bought Benny and I a baby wrap and it has saved me so many times. The wrap is a 6 foot by 2 foot piece of crinkle cotton which can be tied in many ways in order to wear a baby. I have worn Benny when doing things around the house, on the beach, while nursing and shopping. It is so easy to nurse him discreetly while having him wrapped to me while in public! I can do just about anything with him against me which soothes him and allows me to hold him hands free!

This is much different than the slings that you can buy at Target. The wrap can be tied as a sling if you'd like, but there are so many more options.

I have a cd which shows 12 ways to tie the sling and wear the baby. If anybody is interested, I will gladly burn a copy or send instructions on how to tie if you are interested! Seriously, it is my number one "must have" for the baby. Also, there are tie holds for toddlers which allows the little guy to be held on the hip hand free. Kids up to 45 lbs can be wrapped to mom or dad!

My main advice is this though... Go to a fabric store and buy your own piece of crinkle cotton. Ordering online will cost you a nice price which is absolutley unnecessary. And, there is no sewing required.




He's tucked n and away from the sun!

Totally hands free and he was happy!

0 comments: