Finally.. a moment to blog!

Benny's First Raisin Day. 10 Days old!

He has already mastered the "You're dumb" look which everyone swears he gets from me!


Finally Johnny is a fulltime dad!


Bath Time for Benny! He LOVES this little frog washcloth invention thing!



Three Weeks Old!




Johnny and Benny on the Hermosa Beach Pier



Benny's first bath in the sink!



I love this picture!




Our life has had major changes... obviously. We scored our apartment in Redondo Beach although not without a heavy price, but we are minutes from the beach again, and in what we feel is a very safe and nice neighborhood. We realized that in order to live here, we must make serious sacrafices! There isnt a swimming pool, but we have secure parking and are minutes (yes, minutes!) from the water!. We don't have a whole lot of space, but there are laundry facilities on premises and we have a furnished refrigerator! A total package woud have been at an unbelievable price and the truth is, we are simple. I am just superbly relieved to get on with life in LA. There seemed to be so many constant negatives in the valley that Johnny and I ached to leave.. and leave the baggage! Thank God our team is stronger than those before us and we have persevered!

Johnny is still working all day which I can't wait until he gives it up! I want him home so bad, but we know very good things are going to come out of this, so we are being ducks and sitting. We have an action packed month ahead of us which we are all looking forward to as well! We have many visitors and trips planned so my days should stay busy for a while. But for today, Benny and I are hanging out alone! Johnnys mom helped us move which was a huge help and after begging, I convinced her to stay a few extra days. She left this morning, and this feeling of wonder crept over me... this is mine and Benjamin's first time alone and out of reach from anyone. Scary, but as I know, not knowing what could happen has been the greatest joy in my life. Benny and I are on an adventure together!

Benny has grown more than ever also! He has traveled between LA and the valley very well and sleeps the whole way! The vibrations of the road on the 99 seem to keep him slumbering. He did however have a little bit of a problem with his umbilical cord falling off which required some special attention and medicine from the doc which was when I encountered my first cry of pain with my son. She warned me that when she applied ointment that he would not be happy. To my suprise, he SCREAMED and I cried for him. Dealing with the baby blues didn't provide much help either. Other than this episode and some gas trouble which occasionally creates fits of inconsolable crying, Benny has been healthy and such a wonderful addition to our lives that I don't even have the words to describe!

This Friday Benny wil be four weeks old, and it seems like so much has happened in the last four weeks but yet I can't believe how quickly time goes by. I do finally feel like I can sit back and relax and enjoy my family now that I have recovered and we are moved and settled. I think I may even begin to cook more! I still have a few weeks before I can get back to running and working out, but I will be patient... although patience doesn't come naturally to me.





4 comments:

Jessi Marchese said...

HAHA. He DOES do the you're dumb face. He looks like you.

Unknown said...

Hi! I wore Tyler EVERYWHERE and swore by it. He and I both loved it! I had a Moby Wrap (looks almost identical) to yours and he lived in that thing until it starting getting too hot in the desert and then he moved to the Bjorn. It's the best invention EVER!

Jessi Marchese said...

I'm stealing a pic for my blog ok.

La said...

I can't believe how big and adorable he is and how great you look! I'm sad that I wasn't able to make it to the valley before you left but now we'll just have to make a trip to the beach!