My Trail Of Thoughts on A Tuesday Night

I have my windows and front door open. Benny is down for a late evening nap-a-roo. He isn't feeling well so I am letting him sleep as he wishes. I'm breathing in the ocean breeze and I find myself back to square one! Evening is my most beloved time of the day, although most of the day down in southern california is beautiful. Evenings however always hold a special place in my heart! Evenings always remind me of being a child and my parents coming home from work, the day cooling down, watching the sun move into what I can't see and then as a teen, time to hang out with friends. Each evening seems to bring a certain level of nostalgia. I always have random memories floating through my mind during evening hours, and I always think of where I want my mext memories to begin, or where I want to go back to.

I can't imagine living in one place so long that I don't experience any other evening air. My traveling soul desires to be in 13 other places right now and I can't wait to breathe the Colorado evening next! I wonder what the lake in Tennessee feels like right now and I wonder if I sat on the patio in FLorida if I would love it as much now as I did then. I wonder if the breeze in Arizona is cool or if the ocean waves in Texas are as refreshing as I imagine them.

Some commend my desire to travel and pack it all up and continually step into the unknown. I love the feeling of exploring what I didn't even know existed. I love meeting people that I never knew had a face. I love becoming more tolerant as I become smarter in the world around me. I love finding more about what I love.

Our little family is in the middle of taking a closer look at Pharmacy schools and the options are endless. I feel so liberated that we can go anywhere and do so willingly. I am so excited that again we will have the opportunity to continue exploring...and I'm so glad to have my partner to travel with!

I look back on the last year of my life. Whew, when we first arrived in California it seemed as though nothing was going right for us. Savings was running out, school wasn't so much of an option, 5 employment rejection letters a week seemed to be rolling in and all the while I was becoming very pregnant. Had one of the things that went wrong actaully gone right, we wouldn't be exactly where we are today... and now I can appreciate all of the hardship. I love this ocean air so much that all those wrong things made one hell of a right! I wonder what the ocean air in Costa Rica smells like?

0 comments: